Look what I can do
Logan is fearless! 14 months old and keeping up with the big kids on the playground. Right after I took this last photo, he took a big spill backwards. A couple of tears and then he was off and running again! He has earned a handful of nicknames - Bam Bam, Monkey, Wrecking Ball, Baby T-Rex - all which suit him well. He is the reason that baby gates, cabinet locks and 5-point high chair restraints were invented....probably crib tents, too, but we're not there yet (thankfully). Those big brown eyes just melt my heart and he's such a cuddly little guy...I've said it many times before, we are in trouble!
His baby book is packed away in a pile of boxes somewhere in California and I'm doing my best jotting down his new milestones on pieces of paper. Based on past experience, my guess is these might not make it into the book once we get moved in. Here are some of things I don't want to forget:
- Nearly 15 months old and just 4 teeth! Two on the bottom and two on the top so far...That doesn't slow him down a bit, he can take down a pancake faster than Jack!
- Lots of jibber jabbering (that's babbling in speech therapy lingo) and imitating funny sounds: "wow" is his new favorite
- Making animal sounds: dog, kitty, elephant, lion, bear. Car, truck and jet noises, too...wonder where he learned that from?
- Using a lot more sign language: more, all done, open, drink, eat, ball, airplane, fan, light, moon...trying to say a few, too
- Pointing to familiar objects in picture books and around the room when we ask, "where is the...?"
- Waving and saying "hi" and "bye" at every opportunity
- Pointing out body parts: tummy, head, nose, and mouth so far
- Growing a little more hair on that noggin!
No comments:
Post a Comment